I-485 update

Hi All,
I currently have a pending I-485 through my husband's pending employment based green card application (his I-140 was approved).
Our I-485 application has been pending since aPRIL 15, 2015 and today I received the following notice:
"On November 25, 2015, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number LIN1513550306, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case."

We recently moved and although we had the lawyer update the address I understand it might be the reason for the inability to deliver the mail. What I am worried about is that prior to this change my status was pending and there were no updates on the case. I though that usually if the case is approved or if there is an RFE the online status would change too. Also, my husband status is still pending with no changes since April 2015. Anyone went through a similar experience before? can this be a denial notice that they are trying to send or would that be updated online as well? We already had our biometrics appointment so I am not sure what else can this be.

Thanks!